Alfa Romeo 159 (06 - 11)
The 156’s replacement came in the form of the 159, which was among some of Alfa Romeo’s best work in terms of design, performance and auto-electrics. The new triple-lens headlights, swooping curves and that front grille are what make it stand out. Space in the cabin is pretty good considering its size. There’s enough room for up to five; leg and headroom is decent and there’s a fairly good-sized boot. The seating system is versatile; you can fold the rear bench down to increase the boot size. The interior is nicely designed with that sporty Italian styling. There’s a decent level of standard kit. It’s one of the sportiest in its class to drive. It handles really well, the steering feels well-weighted, and the firm ride only adds to the experience. It’s inexpensive enough to buy too.
Look out for
• Check the reservoir pumps for ATX fluid. Green is good, red is bad.
What we like
• It really is a great looking car inside and out
• Excellent overall performance; great fun to drive
• It has a lovely engine note
• Huge amount of torque adds to the driving experience
What we don't like
• The boot size is decent but it isn’t the biggest in class
The text and videos are not of an actual vehicle being offered for sale. They are provided only for general information, they are not intended to address your particular requirements and do not constitute any form of advice or recommendation. Furthermore please be aware that a vehicle’s performance may deteriorate over time. We recommend that you always check the details with the seller prior to purchase. We do not give any warranty or representation, express or implied, about the accuracy, completeness, merchantability or appropriateness of any information, materials, videos or graphics on this website.
Alfa Romeo Dealers
- Agnelli Motor Park (Dublin)
- Burns Car Sales (Sligo)
- Clareview Limerick (Limerick)
- Dan Seaman Motors (Cork)
- John Linnane Motors Ltd (Wicklow)
- Lee Garage (Cork) Ltd (Cork)
- McGuigan Motors (Monaghan)
- Michael Barrable Motors (Dublin)
- Paschal Kennedy Motors (Dublin)
- Tractamotors Blanchardstown (Dublin)
- Waterford Motor Village (Waterford)