Alfa Romeo Spider (96 - 04)
The Spider is a stunning looking soft-top convertible which drives and sounds great. It’s quite rare on Irish roads nowadays so if you’re looking for something different then it could be an excellent choice. There are two engines; the 2.0 litre TS which pushes out 150bhp and the 3.0 litre V6.
In 2003 there were some changes to the front bumper, a newly designed grille and badge and new engines. The 2.0 litre 150bhp was replaced by a JTS direct-injection engine giving it 165bhp and the 3.0 V6 was replaced by the 3.2 V6.
Look out for
• Take care of the hood as they are expensive to replace
• Ask when the timing belt was last changed; should be done every 36k
• Check that the car is being looked after and has a service history
What we like
• Has a stylish drop-down hood
• Beautiful looking car; could possibly be a future classic
• Refined and comfortable interior
• The Spider handles really well
What we don't like
• Older models susceptible to rust
• Limited space in the boot and rear seats.
The text and videos are not of an actual vehicle being offered for sale. They are provided only for general information, they are not intended to address your particular requirements and do not constitute any form of advice or recommendation. Furthermore please be aware that a vehicle’s performance may deteriorate over time. We recommend that you always check the details with the seller prior to purchase. We do not give any warranty or representation, express or implied, about the accuracy, completeness, merchantability or appropriateness of any information, materials, videos or graphics on this website.
Alfa Romeo Dealers
- Agnelli Motor Park (Dublin)
- Burns Car Sales (Sligo)
- Clareview Limerick (Limerick)
- Dan Seaman Motors (Cork)
- John Linnane Motors Ltd (Wicklow)
- Lee Garage (Cork) Ltd (Cork)
- McGuigan Motors (Monaghan)
- Michael Barrable Motors (Dublin)
- Paschal Kennedy Motors (Dublin)
- Tractamotors Blanchardstown (Dublin)
- Waterford Motor Village (Waterford)